Conditions of Entry
The Purbeck Marathon & The Purbeck 16 are organised and administered by The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend (A Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Charity no. 1166759 ) and ALL profits go to local charities. By entering the race you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry and any race instructions given to you by the organisers and nominated officials/marshals of the event.
- Personal Health: You understand that participating in this event is something which needs to be trained for. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running the race distance. All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme.
- By entering this event, you are confirming that should you require any medical treatments during your attendance at this event, this may be administered by the event’s official medical providers.
- Medical Details: By entering this event you agree to complete personal and medical information on the back of your race number and that this information can be passed to and used by the medical teams operating on the day.
- Entry Fees: We start incurring costs early in the event organisation process, if your entry is accepted, your entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances unless the event is cancelled by the organisers. However, we will happily transfer your number to another nominated runner until the 31st aug. Any such requests should be directed to the Race secretary.
- Deferrals: We are unable to offer any refunds! Deferrals will only be accepted up until July 31st and must be accompanied by valid medical proof (Dr. or Physio. letter), all medical deferrals will incur an administration charge of £10.
- Change of personal details: Should your postal address, email address or telephone number change after you have entered the race, you must contact the organisers.
- Number Switching: You must not under any circumstances give your race number to anyone else. Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems of identification for the event medical services in the case of accident or another medical condition.
- Wheelchairs: Sorry this course is not suitable for wheelchair athletes due to the course being mostly off road
- Other modes of transport/pets: For reasons of safety, no bicycles, hand cycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, pushchairs/buggies, stilts, dogs or other pets are allowed to participate or accompany runners, except for registered guide dogs. Please advise if you are a partially sighted runner.
- Use of image: By entering the race, you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of the event.
- Data Protection: The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend complies with the Data Protection Act 1988 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. We do not provide any runner details to any third parties – not even our sponsors!
- Music whilst running – The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend does not endorse the use of personal stereos or any other musical device whilst running. The wearing of such equipment may prevent you from hearing instructions from marshals and other event staff as well as the hearing of sirens/horns from emergency services and other vehicles. By wearing such devices you are putting yourself and those around you at risk. The event will have no responsibility should this rule be ignored.
- Finisher gifts: Only finishers will receive a medal and other finisher gifts. Please do not ask for more than one as this may deny another finisher from receiving theirs.
- Applications will be accepted up to the 31 August unless the entry limit is reached earlier – we advise early entry. Race numbers will issued on race day!
- Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. In such a case we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as possible. Where cancellation is outside of our control we will not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by participants.
- Time Limits –
- The Purbeck Marathon has a strict 7 hour time limit
- The Purbeck 16 has a strict 4 hour 30 minute time limit
Participants accept that endurance running should only be undertaken by persons who have undertaken a training regime. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running a The Purbeck Marathon & The Purbeck 16 distances and to seek appropriate medical advice prior to participation. Participation in the event is entirely at your own risk and that by entering, participants acknowledge that the event shall not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage arising from participation in the event save to the extent that is caused by our negligence.